My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.chrispommier.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Craig's (anti-capital) list

I have to admit I couldn't quite wipe the smirk off my face while reading this article in the New York Times: Craigslist Meets the Capitalists.

Appearing at the UBS global media conference in New York, Mr. Buckmaster took questions from the bemused audience, which apparently could not get its collective mind around the notion that Craigslist exists to help Web users find jobs, cars, apartments and dates — and not so much to make money.
Maybe it's just a happy fiction that will evaporate the next time a group of investment bankers backs a dump truck full of money up to the Criag Newmark's house, but I'll take it. This is a world I believe in.

For furhter reading, check out this post on the Art and Architecture of Craigslist.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger JWL said...

I love Craigslist. That is totally awsome. It is also topical this time of year...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home